Because of this recent issue, I've decided to look back and list the things I miss that have since been changed about Facebook.
What I miss About the Old Facebook:
- When I originally registered for an account with my college address the only people who could see my updates, wall, profile, and posts were my college friends.
- When I decided to extend my network those people that I friend-ed were able to see what I was doing, post on my wall, and share photos with me.
- The ability to drag and drop things in my profile, customize it any way that I wanted, and not have everything tabulated. Applications are now lost on me.
- The assurance that posting a photo album on my profile was only seen by my friends, I didn't have to go through the settings feature of the album so just my friends could see the album.
- The opportunity to chat with a friend and not have to worry whether or not someone else could read everything I privately chatted about.
- The option to go onto someone's profile and see what they were up to and not be told 24/7 what that person is up to in a stream that sometimes doesn't make sense who I'm friends with or not.
- The lack of creepy ads. I'm sorry but I'm sick of you knowing everything about me and suggesting that I should take a Yoga class with people I don't know.
- And last but not least, my personal freedom to do what I want on Facebook without getting a recommendation or suggestion. If I want to talk to someone I will, I don't need a suggestion of who I should talk to.
Tell me what are some things you miss about the Old Facebook? If they went back to the way they were would you keep your profile?